(as of Jan 31,2023 19:37:58 UTC – Details)
The guide to every aspect of infant care that’s most recommended by pediatricians and trusted by parents, with over four million copies sold—now in a completely revised and updated fifth edition!
From the American Academy of Pediatrics, the nation’s most authoritativename in childcare, comes the definitive all-in-one resource Your Baby’s First Year. Featuring new and expanded content, including the latest reports on cutting-edge research into early brain development, the fully illustrated fifth edition of Your Baby’s First Year includes
• Guidelines for prenatal and newborn care, with spotlights on maternal nutrition, exercise, and screening tests during pregnancy
• Milestones for physical, emotional, social, and cognitive growth, as well as visual, hearing, language, and movement milestones
• Cutting-edge research on early brain development and how babies and young children think.
• A complete health encyclopedia covering injuries, illnesses, and congenital diseases
• An in-depth discussion on breastfeeding, including its benefits, techniques, and challenges
• Revised nutrition recommendations, including the importance of early introduction of allergenic foods and obesity prevention tips
• Tips for choosing childcare programs
• Updated safety standards: the very latest AAP recommendations, from CPR instruction, safe sleep, and immunizations, to childproofing tips, car safety seats, and toy safety
• Safety checks for home, including bathing, preventing drowning, poisoning, choking, burns, and falls
• And much more
Comprehensive, reassuring, and up-to-date, Your Baby’s First Year is an indispensable guide for parents everywhere.
Publisher : Bantam; Updated edition (September 22, 2020)
Language : English
Mass Market Paperback : 816 pages
ISBN-10 : 0593158288
ISBN-13 : 978-0593158289
Item Weight : 12.8 ounces
Dimensions : 4.2 x 1.3 x 6.85 inches